Monday 13 April 2020

Monday Meander - April 13, 2020

Report from the blankie fort - Week 5
Oh, my godfathers! Are we all still here?!


The Easter Bunny, that essential worker of the month, hopped in and out this weekend. I'm happy to say that despite the restrictions my efforts to make this Easter at least "good enough" actually worked, beginning with breakfast. The only time the man and I eat breakfast together is when we're on holiday and someone else is doing the cooking. But yesterday I rustled together this feast of blueberry buttermilk pancakes and bacon - what is a feast without bacon? - all bathed in butter and local maple syrup.


But I pinned most of my hopes on staging an outdoor Easter egg hunt for my granddaughter. I've never done that before and though the wind played havoc with the bunny trail - I had to put stones on the paw tracks - it did not rain and the sun occasionally brightened the landscape.




And I got the blessing of a lifetime watching from afar that little almost fourteen-month-old embark on her first Easter egg hunt with her Mom and Dad, who I think had almost as much fun as their little one did. I am grateful for camera zoom lenses!



Each plastic egg held a small cheddar bunny cracker. Once opened the cracker was eaten and the egg discarded, left behind in search of the next treat. Collecting the eggs in a basket was something for parents to do. It was an hour of delight in the fresh air that made Easter - the COVID-19 edition - the best it could be.


So, now what? The pandemic lockdown continues. What began as two weeks became three, then four and now five with no clear end in sight. I'm hoping May will bring some relief, at the very least warmer weather, flowers, sunshine, and BBQ's on the deck.

May 5, 2019 

In western Christian tradition, Easter Day kicks off a fifty-day season of celebration, Eastertide or the Great Fifty Days. I'm not confident that I, or for that matter any of us still held in check by the siege of COVID-19, will be able to claim these days as great ones. But just as I made Easter good enough, might I be able to do something to make each one of the fifty days between now and May 31 good enough? Now there's a challenge!

Day 1 was yesterday and it was beyond good enough.
Day 2 is today and I'm calling it good because I got this blog post done.
Only 48 more to go!



©2020 April Hoeller














2 comments:

  1. The precious pictures of your granddaughter's first egg hunt make this a more the good enough post to read and relish.
    Thank you April.
    Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, dear Arti. I am so pleased to read that my post brought you some joy too. Joy is best when shared.
      You stay safe too.
      April xx

      Delete