Monday 6 April 2020

Monday Meander - April 6, 2020

Report from the blankie fort - Week 4

As the siege of COVID-19 rages on, the world in which I live and move and have my being has shrunk. At times that loss of space and people, especially family, has been very discouraging, annoying, and indeed tearful. This past weekend, I cried as I watched the Easter family feast slide off the table of possibility. I then got into such a funk about it that I thought the unthinkable - don't bother putting out the Easter decorations!

This morning as I peeked outside of Fort Bear, I was greeted by a land sparkling brightly and Jack Frost's fine finger paintings on my windows.


A wonderful quiet joy eased its way into every cell, a full-body smile bubbled up, one that could not be erased or even muted by quarantines, masks, or anything else. So get out the Easter grass and eggs, the table runner and bunnies. Bake the bread.





It will be different, but Easter will happen and it will be joyful ... quietly.

Take Care.
Be well.
Please, STAY Home.


©2020 April Hoeller







No comments:

Post a Comment