Thursday 16 April 2020

Thursday or Thereabouts - April 16, 2020

Approaching the end of week 5 of lockdown, I'm thinking about all that would have been had this virus not invaded the land. The vacations, the family birthdays, the shopping when and where I wanted, walks along forest trails...Well, that got depressing rather quickly!


Then I wondered what I would normally be doing today, April 16, 2020. I would be going to the gym for a one-hour boot camp style workout followed by a quick shop at the vegetable market looking for colourful fresh ingredients to brighten meals, then straight back home to prepare a week's worth of suppers for the man.

What's that you say, a week's worth just for one person? Yup, because I would have also been getting ready to escape on my annual writer's retreat and rather than just five days, this time it was going to be a whole week at Elmhirst's Resort. The retreat has not been canceled but rather postponed until the golden days of  October, so today I'm free to revel in the glowing memory of past writing retreats.
















Trolling through these photos, my shoulders drop, my breathing slows, a cozy warmth flows out from my belly to fill my whole being, my mind let's go of all angst and what begins as a slight smile grows into a full-face grin. 


I am comforted. I am inspired. I am writing.

Take Care.
Be well.
Be safe at Home.
Write.


©2020 April Hoeller 

No comments:

Post a Comment